Nice biscuits are a delicious treat (especially if you enjoy coconut) but it’s quite rare to see them baked at home. Despite this, the home-made version can be just as tasty as the supermarket classic. If you’ve already enjoyed our article on Nice Biscuits, then this Nice Biscuits recipe will make sure that you’re the most popular person come snack time.
The real trick to making these too good to miss in in the decoration. If you don’t have a fluted cutter it is definitely worth taking the time to hand-craft the fancy edges to get that classic look and feel to the Nice biscuits. Don’t be tempted to rush writing the big NICE either! You want your guests to instantly see what delicious biscuits you’ve created for them!
Nice Biscuits Recipe
- 120 g caster sugar
- 230 g butter softened
- 300 g plain flour
- 80 g dessicated coconut
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Start by preheating your oven to 170 degrees C (160°C for fan ovens).
- Take a large baking sheet (or a baking tray will work just fine) and line it with baking paper or greaseproof paper.
- If the butter is soft, cream it by hand with the caster sugar. If the butter is fresh from the fridge it might be helpful to use a machine at this stage.120 g caster sugar, 230 g butter
- Gently stir in the plain flour a little at a time, then add most of the coconut (but save a little for decoration).300 g plain flour, 80 g dessicated coconut
- Bring the mixture together as a dough, then roll it out onto a floured work surface to about the thickness of two coins.
- Use a cutter or a knife to shape the biscuits into rectangles, then take a knife to etch the word NICE into the surface.
- Place on the baking tray and sprinkle the granulated sugar and remaining coconut over the top.2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Bake for 14 minutes, then leave to cool before enjoying!
6 thoughts on “Nice Biscuits Recipe”
Can you please send me the nice biscuit recipe, please!
It was my fave cookie in the whole world until peak freaks discontinued making them.
Here you go – just what you asked for!
No matter how many biscuits I try, I always come back to these! I really should try making them myself…
Delicious – almost as good as the real thing!
Could I get the recipe with cup measurements?
Hi Emily, here’s the cup quantities:
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 cup butter
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup coconut (just under)
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Let us know how you get on!